Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CAUTION: Weaving can cause - sneezing, itching, rash, mosquito and tick bites!


Sounds fun huh?

Our job for the day was to cut and clear some tress and branches from part of our land. It started out ok, until I got bored with the task at hand. I am the branch picker upper who hauls them to the trailer to be brought to the dump. Jim is the "mess maker", he cuts the trees and branches and leaves them for me to pick up.

After about an hour I started wandering around the woods with a bucket, filling it with an assortment of unique to our property found objects. To the garage I went and returned with a roll of balers twine and scissors. Jim put the chainsaw away seeing that he was going to be beckoned shortly to be my assistant.

"What are you up to now?" he asked. I replied - "I'm building a loom". And so we did.

Quite primitive indeed, but it was fun to make.
The problem now it that I have a rash on my arms, mosquito bites all over, just pulled a tick from my hair and can't quit sneezing. Wow - I can't wait to see what I come up with for an afternoon activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment