Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hey Jim - you'll never guess what I did today....


Is what I said as he was walking in the door from work.
"Could it be that you drove a tractor today"?
"How did you know", I asked.
"I can see you editing the photo from here" - he replied.

And that's what I did. I had went over to Phil and Donna's to see if they needed help in the garden, and was given the "pruning the tomato plants" job. When that was completed, Phil asked if I wanted to see his "new to him tractor", that he picked up today. Sure, I said. The next thing I knew, I was driving it - right behind Phil and his other tractor. It reminded me of the trail rides you would take as a kid - when you went to a horse corral. As the ride went along - all I could imagine was that I'd be in the headlines of our local paper this week, regarding a farm machinery accident. All I can say is that I have a new appreciation for the people that drive tractors!
And another new chick fresh out of the incubator.

No comments:

Post a Comment