Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just another reason to be carrying a camera wherever you go.


Well, I wish I could tell you I was in a far away land, on an expedition for the exotic rare Luna Moth, but alas I can't. Instead I can tell you that I was in the Vilas County Fairground women's (very rustic) restroom when this was discovered.
I was working as Dawn the Balloon Twister - when Wanda, a friend, told me to head to the ladies restroom - right side, second stall and check out what was on the wall. "Bring a camera if you have one" she said. So off I went with camera in hand. Being that I had never seen one of these - I thought it was pretty cool. You really can't tell from this photo - but this guy is at least 3-4" wide.
Now this discovery was on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday am - I was off off to stall 2 - to see if it was still there. It was, which I thought was unusual, and began to wonder if some kid stuck some life like butterfly on the wall to mess with me. But a close up look allowed me to see it moving around. As people were in the balloon line - I informed quite a few of them not to forget to stop at stall 2 on the right to visit the really cool moth! Quite the conversation starter to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment