Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keep it Simple Towels - Complete


This pattern can be found in both the Handwoven Magazine - 1985 Summer and Handwoven's  Top Ten Towels on 4 Shafts - EBook.  
I did alter the size (smaller) due to friends suggestions stating that they turn out really big with the provided directions.  My 7 towels came out as 18" x 26.5".  Both the warp and weft were 8/2 unmercerized cotton and the nice thing about this pattern is that you use a solid color warp (in my case white) and then can change colors for each towel.  This was a wonderful way to use up partial cones of of my stash.  I did get somewhat bored weaving this after about the 3rd towel though.  Why must I always insist on winding long warps?  Next time.....5 yards maximum for a towel warp!

3 comments:

  1. They are absolutely beautiful! Love the colors that you chose as well. Congrats on getting them done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and the colors you woven it in are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern and you woven them in beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete