Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Science Table has arrived!

The Science table!

"A science table?" people ask.   "Yep" and I laugh.  I wanted to replace my old dining room table with a more fitting table for the Studio.   I was on this mission for a couple of years, never finding the table of my dreams.  Then one day I was talking to my friend Mary (a school teacher) and told her I was looking for a table like what we had when we were in "art class"- a heavy duty rectangle wooden table.  She directed me to website where schools get their tables.  Having a very specific size needed - the art tables were not going to work - but then I ventured over to the science table section.  BINGO!  I found exactly what I was looking for.  Four weeks later it was delivered.  Definately heavy duty - and heavy (140 pounds) - the delivery guy commented on the weight of it also.

Today's Classroom Link - is where this table was purchased.

4 comments:

  1. You'll love it! The tops they use also are sold as countertops. When I have to replace my kitchen CT some day, the material they use in labs is tops ( pun intended) on my list. It's amazing stuff.
    Your table is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in knowing the website where you found the table. It looks like the perfect height for fabric prep and finishing work. BTW.... I love the pinwheel scarf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added the link to "Today's Classroom" where I purchased this table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that table (wanna have) - you have all the fun stuff!

    Did you have your choice in table height?

    Do you think the surface would be good for dyeing - what's the surface made from?

    ReplyDelete