Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Got Jugs?

Usually Jim is around to help me wind a warp onto the loom - getting good tension.  Today he was out running errands, and I was hot to get this wound on so I could continue warping the loom.  I found one empty milk jug, but needed two.  My fingers were crossed - as a gallon of water would be much easier to clean up than a gallon of milk, if a mishap were to occur!

* This was an 16" wide warp.

*  I divided it into 2 sections.  

* I let the warp go over the breast beam and made a slip knot about a foot from the ground.

* Inserted an S Hook thru the slip knot.

* Inserted the milk jug on the other end of the S Hook (making sure the jug was a bit off the floor)

* I then wound the warp until the milk jugs reached the breast beam and repeated the process.

*  This worked wonderfully without any problems along the way.  It was a bit slower than having a helper since I needed to repeat the process until the 4 yards were wound on, but I'll certainly do this again!

1 comment:

  1. Heh... well, necessity is the mother of invention, right?

    ReplyDelete