Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dye Day with The Village Weaver

Mary Lulich, better know as The Village Weaver invited me to her Michigan Studio for an afternoon of yarn dyeing.  New to the dyeing process, I thought this would be a fun and educational experience.  I now have a whole new appreciation for the work that goes into this art.  
Chains ready to be space dyed
Warp Chains ready to be dyed.
supplies
Project planning.
scouring the cotton
Scouring the cotton prior to dyeing.
Untitled
Bringing the water to a boil.
the gunk in the water once the cotton was washed
The gunky water after scouring.
mary mixing up the dyes
Mary mixing the dye.
prep
Warp prep.
painting the warp
Sponging the dye on the warp chains.
Untitled
The process.
needed energy food
Needed energy food! 
Untitled
Final results - Thanks Mary!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great day outside! Gee Dawn, your a gal who knows what she likes! It was my pleasure to help you in any way I could after what you and Jim did for me in my Studio "B"!! Nice photo diary of the day.

    ReplyDelete